Monday 26 October 2009

It's a Living.
When walking through the city center of Birmingham there was a street cleaner.
It was a relatively sunny day yet this street cleaner persisted on wearing a woolly beanie,and a woolly fleece/jumper under a luminous visor jacket.This man seemed to be lost in his world of rubbish.So I quickly took a photo and the result was him just staring into blankness.Now,call me corny but this could easily be taken as a metaphor as if he were looking into the blankness of his life.I walked past the man with accompanied by my friends and said what a "job to have" and he quickly cried "It's a living".
The result of that day was this:


The hand drawn street cleaner with imperfect lines and then scanned in gave it this dirty "piece of rubbish" look which suited the mans occupation fine.I contrasted his statement by using clean and cooured type on top of the dirty surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment